Type of Organization: Non-governmental - Non-Profit
Home Country: United States
Global Majority promotes non-violent conflict resolution education, mediation and advocacy. We believe that principled dialogue is imperative and must replace violent conflict if humankind is to thrive.
To promote a fundamentally new manner of thinking in global relations, Global Majority is developing national, regional, and global training seminars and advocacy campaigns that embody our aim to give voice to the global majority that aspires to live in peace.
Recognizing that violence is too often the preferred option for resolving conflict and that the spiral of violence continues to impact innocents, Global Majority invites all supporters to sign our global pledge that asserts:
• Peace can be achieved through the active participation of the global majority;
• Non-violent conflict resolution (NVCR) must be adopted and practiced by all;
• Constructive dialogue, negotiation, mediation, and other forms of non violent conflict resolution can replace military and armed conflict;
• Gender, racial, and ethnic equality must be respected as critical to the achievement of effective cooperation and dialogue among people and should be prioritized in education, government relations, business, and diplomacy;
• Inclusion of diverse stakeholders and interest groups in constructive dialogue is critical to the achievement of durable and non-violent alternatives to violence;
• To be human is to respect the humanity of others. Respect can be cultivated, earned, and modeled;
• Social responsibility must be practiced and promoted by all sectors of the global community including civil society, governments, businesses, labor, religious organizations, academia, the media, and the military;
• Non-violent direct action that is creative and supportive of dialogue should be supported at the local, regional, and global level among individuals, organizations, and networks;
• The practice of peace will build the path to peace.
Name: Global Majority
Type: Non-governmental - Non-Profit
479 Pacific Street
Monterey, CA, 93940
Voice Phone: +1 (831) 372-5518
Fax: +1 (831) 372-5519
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org