The Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR)
Type of Organization: Non-governmental - Non-Profit
Home Country: United States
The Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) is a professional organization enhancing the practice and public understanding of conflict resolution.
They are the nation’s largest professional association for mediators, arbitrators, educators and other conflict resolution practitioners. ACR works in a wide range of settings throughout the United States and around the world.
At ACR, you will find colleagues with similar skills and concerns,
whether you are a:
– school educator teaching peer mediation,
– government employee working with the shared neutrals program,
– custody mediator in the court system,
– environmental mediator dealing with regulatory disputes,
– arbitrator dealing with corporate non-performance,
– public policy facilitator working with interagency conflict, or
– divorce mediator working with families, or more!
Our multicultural and multidisciplinary organization offers a broad umbrella under which all forms of dispute resolution practice find a home.
The Association has an Education Section that devoted specifically to CRE work.
One of ACR’s special projects is an annual event known as Conflict Resolution Day. On the third Thursday of October each year, supporters of conflict resolution host events around the United States that build public awareness of conflict resolution concepts, skills and services. More information and tools are available at the ACR website.
Name: Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR)
Type: Non-governmental - Non-Profit
12100 Sunset Hills Road
Reston, VA, 20190
Voice Phone: 703-234-4141 (Telephone)
Fax: 703-435-4390 (Fax)
Contact person: Suzanne Burnett
Contact email: email@example.com