4th International Summit on CRE
Building Infrastructures for Change:
Innovations in Conflict Resolution
June 8-13, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- June 8th – 9th Pre-Conference Training:
- June 10th – 11th Main Conference:
- Cuyahoga Community College, West Campus
- June 12th – 13th U.S. Community College Seminar: Developing Peace and Conflict Studies Programs
Event Overview: The 4th International Conference on CRE provided an opportunity to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration and research on issues related to the development of infrastructure in CRE. Presentations representing work in 16 states and 10 countries focused on innovations in the fields that are making broad impacts in local, state, national, and international communities. Nearly 200 participants (drawn from the local, state, national and international community) exchanged best practices, evaluation methodology, creation of policy implementation structures, consideration of obstacles to success, and new and innovative use of training, resources and technology. On-site events included a meeting of Ohio Colleges and University Network developing peace and conflict studies programs, June 9th, 6:30PM – 9:30PM; the Association for Conflict Resolution Education Section meeting; and a capacity building seminar for U.S. Community Colleges developing peace and conflict studies programs in partnership with the United States Institute of Peace.
Global Issues Resource Center and Library at Cuyahoga Community College partnered with colleges and universities, and local, national, and international non-governmental and governmental organizations to host the 4th International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Building Infrastructures for Change: Innovations in Conflict Resolution Education (CRE) in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. This conference builds upon the following conferences and working group meetings:
- Inter-American Summit on CRE 2007,
- the International Summit on CRE, Youth and Conflict: Global Challenges – Local Strategies 2008,
- Collaboration across Fields: Implementation and Sustainability of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), CRE, Peace Education (PE), and Citizenship Education (CE) 2009,
- 3rd International Conference on Conflict Resolution Education (CRE), Building Infrastructures for Change: Innovations in Conflict Resolution Education (CRE) and Justice Initiatives (2009),
- Sustainable Regional Education Efforts for Safer More Inclusive Communities, Heredia, Costa Rica, 2010.
These earlier conferences and working group meetings brought together government representatives from among the 50 states, around the globe, and their non-governmental organization partners who have legislation or policies in place to deliver CRE/SEL/PE and Civics Education at the K-12 level and in universities. Conference and meeting publications are available on this website.
Questions? Please contact Global Issues Resource Center at 216-987-2224 or e-mail Elizabeth Wuerz at Elizabeth.Wuerz@tri-c.edu