Creating harmony in the classroom: Building safe and inclusive classrooms for special populations
231-page pdf manual designed “to assist teachers with building an inclusive and safe classroom for all students, including special needs, deaf, and visually impaired youth. Teachers who build an inclusive and safe classroom environment are encouraging all youth to excel academically and socially.” Includes chapters on building self-awareness in students, enhancing student’s problem-solving skills, mediation in school settings, evaluting conflict resolution education programs and a chapter on resources.
- Format: pdf
- Publisher: Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Author: Elizabeth A. Barton, Roberta Wolfe-Bryant, Gwen McNeal, Susan Mason, Dee Robertson, Julia Greer-Hardeman
- Resource Release Date: 01/01/2006
- Topics: Administrator Resources, Comprehensive CRE Program Creation, Peer Mediation, and Understanding Conflict
- Direct Access: Click Here