Teachers Without Borders Dr. Joseph Hungwa Memorial Peace Education Program
This 300+ page guide provides a full professional development curriculum in peace education. It was developed by Teachers Beyond Borders. The goal is to bring Peace Education to new audiences around the world.
The program is divided into three units, which progress on a continuum from theoretical to practical. Unit 1 provides the history of peace education, a selection of definitions, an overview of the key thinkers in the peace education field and the core concepts. Unit 2 focuses on the Scope of Peace Education, reviewing different approaches to peace education, or different lenses through which peace education can be viewed. Unit 3 moves from theory to practice, addressing the pedagogical approaches to peace education and practical ways to introduce peace education into your classroom and community.
- Format: html
- Publisher: Teachers Without Borders
- Author: Stephanie Knox Cubbon
- Resource Release Date: 01/01/2010
- Topics: Anti-Bias Education, Global CRE Resources, Peace Education, Understanding Conflict, and Violence Prevention
- Direct Access: Click Here