Step Up: A Curriculum for Teens Who Are Violent at Home
The Step-Up curriculum is designed for counselors who facilitate groups with teens who have been violent towards a parent or family member. The curriculum uses a cognitive behavioral approach to help teens stop the use of violent and abusive behaviors and teaches nonviolent, respectful ways of communicating and resolving conflict with family members. The curriculum also includes materials for a parent group. The curriculum is designed to include parents at the beginning of each group session and then separate into a parent group and teen group or stay together for the session to work on learning a skill together.
- Format: html
- Publisher: King County Judicial Administration, Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse
- Author: Lily Anderson, Greg Routt
- Resource Release Date: 01/01/2004
- Topics: Violence Prevention
- Direct Access: Click Here