Nonviolence: An Assertive Approach to Conflict
This 50-minute activity lesson plan takes the Occupy Wall Street protest movement as a jumping off point to explore different approaches to resolving conflicts. The lesson is structured to help students explore what escalates/deescalates conflict; look at the difference between aggressive, submissive and assertive responses to conflict; focus on nonviolent action as an assertive response to conflict; and learn about Occupy Wall Street’s use of nonviolence as a strategy.
- Format: html
- Publisher: Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility
- Author: Marieke Van Woerkom
- Resource Release Date: 11/01/2011
- Topics: Recognizing conflict styles, Social and Emotional Learning, and Understanding Conflict
- Direct Access: Click Here