Leading a Workshop on Conflict Management for Teaching Assistants
Article Abstract: The aim of this article is to share a conflict management workshop that the authors developed to train teaching assistants to proactively manage conflict, achieve productive results for conflict, and establish a climate of trust in which relationships beneficial to learning can flourish. The article begins by defining an approach to conflict management and explaining the rationale behind the workshop. A detailed plan of the workshop is then presented. Finally, results are reported of a “before the workshop” and “after the workshop” survey from two recent groups of workshop participants that shows improved perceived ability to deal effectively with conflict.
- Format: pdf
- Publisher: The Journal of Graduate Teaching Assistant Development
- Author: Diane Zorn, Barb Bloemhof
- Resource Release Date: 01/01/1999
- Topics: Classroom Management, Communication, Higher Education, Human relations, Instructional issues, Negotiation Skills Training, Problem-Solving, Process skills, and Understanding Conflict
- Direct Access: Click Here