Peaceful Conflict Resolution Guide for Primary and Secondary Schools (Croatia)
This training guide for schools consists of three primary modules:
1. damiri/ice – Conflict and Communication
2. spajalice – Peer Mediation
3. kazimiri/ice – Peer Education
The guide is the result of the work on the project Peaceful Problem Solving in Schools and Trauma Alleviation, Youth for Youth – Peer Mediation, initiated and supported by UNICEF Office for Croatia in co-operation with Croatian Ministry of Education and Sports. The Project was carried out by NGO “Mali korak” – Centre for Culture of Peace and Non-violence Zagreb.
In the school year of 1999/2000 it was implemented in 52 primary schools, most of which were schools of special social care in previous war affected areas. The purpose of this program model was to change attitudes, behaviors and experiences related to conflict and violence: improve coping with problem and conflict situations, develop awareness of prejudice, of oneâ€™s own rights as well as the rights of others both in those who participate in the program (students) and those who deliver it (teachers).
- Format: pdf
- Publisher: UNICEF
- Author: "MALI KORAK" - Centre for Culture of Peace and Non-violence
- Resource Release Date: 01/01/2001
- Topics: Anti-Bias Education, Communication, Human relations, Peace Education, Peer Mediation, and Violence Prevention
- Direct Access: Click Here