Glossary of CRE-Related Terms
Our browseable glossary of terms related to conflict resolution in education provides quick access to terms you may hear used in the field.
Another useful tool for understanding more general education-related terms is the ERIC thesaurus.
- Verbal recognition
- Definition: a confirming behavior in which we make a statement that lets the other person know we see them and ",welcome", them
- Vocal paralanguage
- Definition: the non-textual elements of speech
- Related term(s): Voice quality
- Definition: the nonverbal features of speech that replace or qualify the verbal message
- Voice qualities
- Definition: all the nonverbal features of speech not directly related to the verbal message
- Definition: a conflict resolution style in which one deals with conflict by physically or psychologically avoiding the conflict