The Conflict Resolution Day annual poetry contest theme has been set for the 2011 contest held during October.
Participate in the third annual Conflict Resolution Day Poetry Contest!
The Conflict Resolution Day Poetry Contest is Accepting Entries Oct 1 – Nov 1, 2011
Students are invited to submit a poem on the theme:
“Demonstrating Respect – at home, in school, or in the community”
Examples may include:
– Gaining respect peacefully
– Showing consideration when we disagree
– Importance of respect
– Connecting peace and respect
– Peaceful conflict resolution when we are disrespected
– What it feels like to be respected
Win Cash Prizes!!!
Poems will be judged Prizes will be awarded in three Grade Categories 3-5th; 6-8th; and 9-12th
1st Place in each category wins $100
2nd Place in each category wins $75
All Poems must be submitted in English Maximum of 20 Lines
Full contest rules available at http://www.acrnet.org/crday or