Join GPPAC’s Peace Education Working Group and their special guest experts from around the world each week for the first of three, 6-week virtual/on-line course’s for educators in a series.
Apply now. Space is limited to 30! DeadlineSeptember 11th, 2020.
- Applications Due September 11, 2020
- Respond to applicants by September 17th, 2020
- September 18th – Let participants know who was selected and give access to the course
- Course Begins – Monday, Septembers 21, 2020
- Course Ends – Sunday, November 8, 2020
Description and Overview:
This 6 -week course is designed to provide education leaders, decision makers and their civil society partners with a brief overview of theories, sample state policies, materials, and methods for teaching the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for quality social emotional learning, conflict resolution and peace education through e-learning and web-based tools. The focus will be on the opportunities and challenges in using technology to teach these skills, theory and practice. Sample resources will be shared throughout the course. Topics covered include:
- Digital Literacy: Good Practices, Sample Content Standards and Curriculum
- Cyber-bullying: Good Practices, Sample Policies and Tools to Prevent and Address
- On-Line Games and Aps: Challenges and Opportunities. Try an On-line Nonviolence Game and Explore Apps for Teaching Knowledge and Skills in the Classroom
- Participatory Video: From the Classroom to the Community, Civic Engagement through Technology for Positive Change
For an overview of the schedule, guest speakers and facilitators for this course, click here.