The purpose of this module is to help participants recognize and practice the interpersonal skills that will assist in dealing with conflict. By the end of this module participants should be able to: * Identify basic communication behaviors that may trigger conflict by communicating disrespect through disconfirmation; * Practice skills that identify disrespectful behavior; * Use language strategies for communicating respect -- confirming behaviors; * Identify communication behaviors that increase defensiveness; * Practice supportive communication skills to reduce defensiveness; * Identify the challenges of having face saving techniques along with face supporting techniques.
- View our online version: Interpersonal Skills – Respect vs Disrespect
- Download a zipped copy of the module to post on your web server or load into a course management program: Zipped Version
- Download a version for Import into Blackboard or Moodle: SCORM module <- Right-click (control click on Macs) on link and select "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." to save archive to your local hard-drive
- Download an editable copy in the .elp format: ELP version
(This version can be edited with the free opensource tool eXe )
- View a tutorial on creating your own module using eXe or read the eXe user manual